ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ETON VIPER 90 - NO SPARK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

I HAVE A 2003 ETON 90 WITH NO SPARK - FOUND ONLINE A CHECKLIST OF PROCEDURES TO IDENTIFY PROBLEM - ENDED UP REPLACING THE CDI - NOW HAVE SPARK FOR THE FIRST FEW SECONDS I CRANK THE ENGINE, THEN IT STOPS - THE CDI I RECEIVED IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL ONE IN THAT IT HAS A SMALL DIAL ON THE BACK THAT CAN BE ADJUSTED TO 0,1,2,3. THE ORIGINAL CDI DID NOT HAVE THE DIAL, BUT RATHER HAD A SHORT WIRE CONNECTED TO TWO SPOTS ON THE BACK OF THE CDI - THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

PROBLEM SOLVED!! UPON FURTHER TESTING, I FOUND TWO OF THE WIRES CONNECTED TO THE BACK OF THE IGNITION SWITCH (KEY) WERE BROKEN. REPLACED THE IGNITION SWITCH AND ALL IS GOOD. ALSO, I HAVE READ ON OTHER FORUMS THAT THE IGNITION SWITCH TENDS TO BE A PROBLEM, SO LOOK THERE FIRST BEFORE GOING TO ALL OF THE TROUBLE AND EXPENSE I DID. ANYONE OUT THERE NEED A NEW CDI?? JIM@JLBINVEST.COM

ADVERTISEMENT