ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Eton txl 50 wont start
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I have tried everything I can think of with this bike and still no luck. I know that it is getting fuel due to the plug being wet when i pulled it out. When grounding the spark plug to the frame I am getting spark. The reeds look good. Compression is good, around 95. I sprayed ether into the intake and still no luck getting it to fire. Thinking that it may be the voltage on the battery may have been low, I tried jumping it off of my car, which seemed to make the motor turn faster, but still not running. I got this bike with the intention of giving it to my son for Christmas but have had no luck getting it to run. Any ideas?

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:00 pm 
ATVing To The End

Welcome to the forum.

If you have spark, fuel, and compression, there is no logical reason reason it should not fire. The no fire with ether is the real stumper. If indeed you are getting spark to the plug, it should fire on ether a little even if there was no fuel and little compression. Perhaps the engine has lost it's ground. You say grounding to the frame produces spark. Try grounding the plug on the engine block and see if there is a good blue spark.

Another possibility is the spark plug wire is broken inside, and is making contact only when twisted around to the frame.