ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:11 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Went to the Store ( Atv retailer) and was looking at the appearal and really didnt like what they had in stock. They pretty much only pushed certain brands/names and they were very expensive. They had TLD pants and SiDi Boots. Any comments on either? Or what you like/ have.

Thanks for posting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:07 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

I've been searching for a good pant as well, I don't race my quad, like you mine is a utility quad. I do enjoy the trails and even the dunes, and often the mud. So when I started looking I avoided most the bright colors and ones with a lot of black around the boots. I've narrowed my list down to the Four ATV Razorback Sand Camo pants or the Shift Squadron Pants. The Shifts zip open for ventilation while the Four brand unzips into shorts. So far though nobody has the Razorback pants in stock in my size/color. You can find both on http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:45 am 
ATVing Is My Life

Ride naked :shock: :lol:

For general riding any comfortable jeans will do, also and boots with ankle support will work. When I ride hard I use moto boots but walking in them is a pain so for regular trail riding I have some high top hiking boots. As for pants unless I am on a track I wear blue jeans or rip stop cargo pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:42 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

I have used the Four Razorbacks and they're a very nice pair of pants. Due to contract litigation w/Gaerne though I can't use them b/c they're the over the boots type, but a sweet pair nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:50 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Psychosis thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to hold out for a pair of those, plus their some $30 cheaper too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:09 pm 

Hey just find something that has what you need, you cant put a price on safety... believe I know and im sure allot of other people know. I use o'neal hardwear pants and jersey and gloves. There 2 years old and havent torn, besides my first jersey when I broke my collar bone no choice but to cut that one off. I just believe you shouldnt settle for something cheap on that doesnt provide enough protection. Just some thoughts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:58 pm 
ATV Nut Member

Whats wrong with jeans and workboots? Thats what I wore for a lot of years and they work fine.
If I were to buy a pair of MX pants and boots, Id have to go with Thor. Ive always been pleased with their products.
Cap'n

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:07 pm 
Trail Riding Member

Y-Guy wrote:
I've been searching for a good pant as well, I don't race my quad, like you mine is a utility quad. I do enjoy the trails and even the dunes, and often the mud. So when I started looking I avoided most the bright colors and ones with a lot of black around the boots. I've narrowed my list down to the Four ATV Razorback Sand Camo pants or the Shift Squadron Pants. The Shifts zip open for ventilation while the Four brand unzips into shorts. So far though nobody has the Razorback pants in stock in my size/color. You can find both on http://www.rockymountainatv.com

I get all my stuff from Rocky mt atv, look at it in the store and find your size and then get it off line cheaper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:34 pm 

I like four riding pants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:35 am 

Yeh Rockymountin is a good place for riding gear. And if you spend $100 shiping is free. You can also exchange it if it doesn't fit with no shiping charge I believe. I've never had a problem with them.