ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

My sons ATV reciently started running and then runs on high idle ... Before this the ATV wouldnt start at all after i put in the gas/oil mixture ... The cable which comes from the handle down under the seat was loose ( under the seat part ) and my son tightened it up some, we also unscrewed the little screw under the carborator to flush it with carborator cleaner thinking that might have been the issue and the gas / oil mixture wasnt right .. but now it starts and runs high idling .. I dont know what else to do with this thing , can anyone help as to what maybe the issue or tell me what i can do to fix it ? Its a mini 2 stroke ... and its our first bike .. the kids are upset as they only got an hours ride out of it ,, any help / advice greatly appreciated !

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 am 

All of my kids 2 stroke quads are injected from an oil tank under the seat. With that being said, I noticed on your post that you said you put in the "mix", are you sure the gas is to be mixed before you put it in, or is the oil injected??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:04 am 

its mixture .. gas oil together