ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:11 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

i bent my stock grab bar bad by standing my z up doing wheelies many many many times. It was sticking like straight up. so i removed it to see why it was so weak and it was so light. I need to get a new one so i can keep practicing. I have seen alot of different kinds and have no idea which one to get. I want one that is alot stronger than the stock one and wont bend like it.

Please HELP ME

The sooner i get a new one the sooner i can keep practicing

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:44 am 
ATVing To The End

do you have a welder? are you a good fabricator? the guys that do that a lot like CVboyz i know have like homeade ones made out of steel...thats what i personally would do. also, why do you have to stand on the grab bar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:23 am 
ATVing Pro Rider

Just keep fixing the stock one. If you go to a much stronger aftermarket one and do like you're doing now, you're going to bend the subframe instead of the grab bar. I don't know about you but I'd rather keep fixing a grab bar instead of replacing a subframe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:47 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

i didnt mean i was standing on the grab bar i meant i stood it up. u know like a 12 o clocker. i am not a good welder or fabricater. :sad: is that the only way to fix the stock one?
i need a stronger one. i definetly dont intend on standing it up as much as i did when i first got it.. Do you know if anyone makes a steel grab bar??
I dont want to bend my subframe but i dont think i will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:35 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

Unless you completely destroyed it, you don't need to have it welded or anything. Just bend it back. It can be done easily in a vise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:30 pm 
ATVing To The End

yea, i just though about that psych. id much rather have the grab bar bend than the subframe. and yea, just bend it back untill you bend it back and forth enough untill it falls off. I would go ahead and buy a new one now, so you have one when your stocker breaks off. also, try using the back brake more often if you currently dont. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:18 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

i tried to bend it back but i couldnt. plus wouldnt i bend it back and then one day i might stand it up again and it might break i would break my plastics. i put it on upside down but i am afraid to try and stand it up becase i dont think it will catch.

I dont intend on standing up my quad near a s much as i used to but i still want a bar stronger than stock. Does anyone know of a steel or strong aluminim grab bar i can buy??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:46 pm 
ATVing To The End

anything aftermarket. check ebay. try an rpm, ac, or something along those lines....i dont recommend anything DG though..pretty much garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:49 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

i think im gonna go with either the ac or pro armor. im gonna get one of the wider ones. does anyyone know if one is substantialy better th an the other

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

or you can always do what i recommended to my buddy and have someone weld a horseshoe on the back so the points are forward. it works great! make sure u get the good horseshoes though. some of em are made really cheap. he's got it on his blaster with a ninja 500 powerplant XD