ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Brakes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:08 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Does anyone know what type of brakes to buy for general atv riding? I have a Suzuki Z400, ride trails and farm land in Kentucky. Few trips each year to Hatfield and McCoy trails, Black mountain trails, ect. I have seen brakes made out of different compounds and not sure what is best. I have also seen where some materials will wear out the rotor. Should I just go back to Suzuki to get them??

Thanks for your help.
Speed

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: Brakes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

speedrider wrote:
Does anyone know what type of brakes to buy for general atv riding? I have a Suzuki Z400, ride trails and farm land in Kentucky. Few trips each year to Hatfield and McCoy trails, Black mountain trails, ect. I have seen brakes made out of different compounds and not sure what is best. I have also seen where some materials will wear out the rotor. Should I just go back to Suzuki to get them??

Thanks for your help.
Speed

EBC Carbon brake pads seem to work well for me. You can get them about anywhere that sells ATV accessories.

Post subject: Re: Brakes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 pm 
ATVing To The End

DP makes about the best brake pads I have used, in that they last a very long time. They make 4 types; Standard, Racing, Sport, and I cannot remember the last one. Standard is what I have used, and I will use no other now. They have outlasted the factory originals by 2x so far, and have a long way to go. They aren't cheap, but worth it, IMHO.