ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I recently went out and bought an 2 up ATV for myself and wife and a Kawasaki klx trail bike-2 wheels-- for my 8yr old. What i thought we were going to do this summer is do some trail riding as a family . We live in Northern Illinois and still cant seem to find a place that willl accomidate both bikes on the SAME trails to ride together. we are hoping to find a few places that we can and also have close lodging-preferfably on the the trails. Cabin preferred. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:05 am 
ATVing To The End

I don't know about in IL., but here in OH. all National Forests that have off-road trails allow ATVs and bikes. As do our State Forests. Might be worth looking into. Since you live in a left-wing oriented state, especially the northern areas, and leftist seem to be opposed to all off-roading, it might also be worth looking into, as a vacation trip, to go elsewhere to ride together. WV and KY come to mind right off the bat. I do believe they also allow dual mode off-roading in most areas, and have a growing system of trails.

In fact, they are the only areas in the eastern US that I know of that sound like they fit all of your requirements. Would be well worth the trip. A couple weeks on the Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV would make you a true believer in the state slogan, Wild and Wonderful.

I could be wrong, but from what I have heard and read, IL is not an off-road friendly state.