ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: KFX450?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Hello all this is my first post.

I bought a KFX450 for fast trail riding and old forestry roads etc.
I don't have much time on it but it is perfect for my use with the reverse gear and electric start.
I think it is almost more like a Raptor or KTM than a YZF450 other than motor size because it seems more like a very aggressive trail machine than a MX bike.

I agree that all Jap (or the big 4 Honda ,Yamaha ,Suzuki and Kawasaki if you want to be precise) need a bit of dialing in although it seems like the Kawi needs less than most as it already has the nice Renthal bar ,ti exhaust and many other cool parts. I am a big guy so I like the firmer seat but many people will want to change it. The bars are a bit low.
It is a bit squirrly on a fast dirt roads although that may change as I play with the suspension a bit. I have a bit of time on a YZF450 and it feels different than the KFX like the balance is farther back on the YZF and more feel because of the steel frame. On the KFX450 it feels like you have more weight over the front probably because of the lower bar.

I plan a few mods to make it a better trail machine and maybe for looks.

I will add some Nerfs and a small rack to the back as well as some skid plates. Possibly even a small winch although at 350 pounds it should not be hard to get unstuck. Mine is the black and white version so I might add some vinyl cutouts to make it an urban camo.

I am not planning to do any mods to the motor as I found it fun and more than enough power but I read that it can really help the motor to increase the air entering as it is breathing through a straw.

You should check out the new Monster Kawi for this year. It is all flat black except for neon green shocks and looks fantastic.

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:23 pm 

I been riding my KFX 450 since January. I was a little disapointed in the stock performance, but after a couple of mods the thing came alive. The biggest problem is the stock intake. It is so restrictive, its a wonder the bike runs at all. I installed a FUELATV intake w/ airbox, a Dasa Racing 13" full pipe, a Power Commander III, and changed the gearing to a 15/37 combo. That made the bike really wake up. The only other mod needed to help out the Kawi is to ditch the rear stock Dunlop tires for a pair of Holeshots or Maxxis Razrs. Do those mods and NOW you have one hulluva 450

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:04 pm 

450 here 08 kfx 450 pro curcuit pipe wrapped headder pro armer skids but pretty much stock ohh ya kwickasfu%ky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am 

I have a 2008 Kfx450 and love it after doing a couple of mods (Lexx Exhaust and Lexx Fuel controller) It has tons of power it also handles great only complaint is the seat is a little hard.