ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Someone HELP please!!!
I brought a 93 polaris 250 trail blazer home from New Mexico last week along with a honda atc 70 three wheeler. Good thing about New Mexico is there is no humidity, so... not rust at all. Any way back to the bikes, both of which had been sitting for 9+ years, broke both down, rebuilt carbs and the honda runs like a top but cannot get the polaris to even pretend to fire. I have good spark, gas, compression, and one sore ass arm. Any helpful hints or something i am missing??? This two stroke engine is new to me, it always ran perfect when i was a kid...

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

hay bud 2 strokes like a lot of fuel so make shure your choke is on when trying to start. also most important when checking spark you need to use one of the spark checkers that makes the spark jump a gap there are adjustable ones and another kind that has two versions and looks just like a spark plug with a ground clamp on the side of it one will say small ENG. and the other HEI for hi energy inginition. these are the only type you should ever use. reason is the kind that lights up the bulb will light up showing spark even if the spark is weak. A weak spark will not jump the gap when in the cylinder because it is harder for it to do so under compression. so if you dont have cash for these better type testers I will tell you somthing that took many years to learn. if your spark is blue or purple colored that is a strong spark if it is yellow it is weak somthing is wrong. also if you dont have over 100 psi on a 2 stroke you may have problems. also if a two strike has a leak ANY WHERE on the eng it will pull air from the leak and not the carb good luck. (website address removed) is an awesom site if you need further help