ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: buying a polaris
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:06 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

i am buying a polaris, 2001 sportsman 500 with 16,000km on it . does anyone know if those motor are godd for many kilometers, i am a bit scared at that millage even if it as had good maintenance. is it to much millage. i am paying $2500 f9or it. thank you for the information!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: buying a polaris
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
ATVing To The End

If that is US dollars, the price is too high. NADA lists average retail at $1800 US, with low retail, which I would consider one with that many miles/kms on it to be at the lower end of the price range, at $1400 US. If it is listed in CA$, you will need to figure out the conversion and decide for yourself.

There is no reason an engine with 16,000KM, if it has been cared for properly, would not go double or triple that distance. 16,000km over 11 years is only 1,450km/year.

Post subject: Re: buying a polaris
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Hay buddy WoodsRuner is spot on whith what he said. but if you have any other specific answers you want to know in depth you will get the best support and honest answers at the best polaris web site on the net here (website address removed) register and introduce your self and post in the 500 section and you will learn a great deal. I personally own a 400 2 stroke so cant answer your questions like the guys in the 500 section. good luck! :grin: [color=#4000FF][color=#4000FF][/color][/color]