ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:56 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I just bought a 2001 Rubicon and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this transmission? I havn't heard any good or bad about it and am not sure about it's reliability. Anyone heard anything?
Thanks,
Gary

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Rubicon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:10 pm 
ATV Nut Member

I have one and have a couple of friends with them also. none of us have had any problems, on some of the ES 450's I've heard of problems with angle sensor , Rubicon has angle sensor too but I've heard of no problems with it , for every day riding(trails etc.) if your in auto keep it in D1, D2 is for pulling or working.If you have any questions about it let me know. Good Luck Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:21 pm 

You cant put it in d2 and pull stuff its weaker you put it in d1 or esp to do work with it.

Post subject: tranny
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:22 pm 
ATV Nut Member

according to manual D1 is for maximum performance D2 is for minimum traction situations such as ice or mud, according to manual D2 allows engine to work at higher RPM in relation to ground speed ( rev higher at slower speeds) it make sense if you were are going to pull you would want engine at higher RPM and slower ground speed, besides if you are pulling anything thats real heavy you would be in low range and in low there is no difference between D1&D2, if you choose to shift I see no problem using the ESP mode for pulling or trail riding . Good Luck Kenny

Post subject: Rubicon Tranny
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:49 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

The one thing I know about the Rubicon tranny is that Honda shops will not repair this transmission if it breaks. The only thing they will do is replace it. $$$$$ I supply quite a few Honda dealers with accessories and tires and have been told this about a friend's Rubicon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:53 pm 
ATV Junkie

The Oil pump that runs that automatic rig has no filter. If you ruin the pump, it's $2500 canadian to replace. I think I'll stick to my belt trani. No belt cost $2500!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:16 pm 

My 02' Rubicon had about 1300 miles on it of really intense riding, climbing, mudding, and racing of other big bores....not one hint of a problem. If you go to the Honda section on this site, I've seen messages from folks having in excess of 17,000 miles and no problems. I think they are pretty darn bullet proof!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:47 pm 
ATV Junkie

How in the heck can anybody put 17000 miles in one or 2 years??? My buddy bought one that was used for a car and it's a 2001 and its got 12000 KM. Man...17000 miles is a lot of friggen drivin. And theres a big diff between Miles and KMs dont forget.