ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

what do u think is the best mud atv?
sportsman 700 26%  26%  [ 21 ]
rincon 650 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
grizz 660 35%  35%  [ 28 ]
cat 650 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
kawi prarie 700 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:54 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Well they are all fun but i voted the AC well cause im an A cat freak and aint got stuck yet and have had it all the way under water and shut it off, i know sounds stupid, but i truned it back on and drove out and it aint been in the shop ither to get fixed for it. When i say i have not got stuck what i mean is ive not have to been pulled out but ive had to forward reverse repeat for a good half hour straight but always come out the other side alone or pullin some one!!!!!!!! By the way i would choose any of the four wheelers except the "GRIZZ" because it stalls way to easy in mud and does not start back. I cant believe all the votes for the grizz because it seems plum sorry in the mud but i reckon id still have fun on it too so no offense to any grizz owners cause they are good!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:17 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

Any quad with good ground clearance good power and and auto trans will be good in the mud. Big tires are also important.
A lot of people think a manual is better than a CVT but that is not true. The auto will keep the motor in the meat of the power and keep the tires spinning to full speed. With a man you will red line then when you try and shift the tires stop and the motor can't pull the higher gear.

Post subject: Re: best mud atv?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

i honestly think the arctic at 500 is a beast...... i own one my self.. i have had it for about 2 months and have went through some serious stuff... i do not have any upgrades on the atv yet.. i have mudded with grizzlys and sportsmans and all kinds.... my arctic cat 500 will go thru more stuff than my buddys grizz 700 and my buddys sportsman 700.. and the grizz has itp mudlites on it and the sportsman has kenda exicutioners on it.... but its everyones own oppinion.. i have pulled all kinds of atvs and utvs out..... but like i said thats why theres so many different brands... everyone has there own oppinion... :bigups: