ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What do you prefer
Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:55 pm
HONDA 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
POLARIS 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Honda, Polaris
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:55 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Do you like honda or polaris better

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:35 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

LOL here's a war in the making :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:26 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Not only that, get some detail. Utility or Sport? Size range? I mean come on do you just want people to make you feel good because you like Hondas over Polaris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:11 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

CrazyElecE wrote:
Not only that, get some detail. Utility or Sport? Size range? I mean come on do you just want people to make you feel good because you like Hondas over Polaris

In addition, add "do you like '3 wheel drive' or '4 wheel drive' better?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:53 am 
ATV Nut Member

I'm going to tell you Polaris, BUT go ride them both and find out. If you talking UTE's, and want a nice ride with 4WD get the Polaris, if you want a stiff ride and 3WD go with Honda. they both have good points and bad points.

Just go ride 'em, that's the best way to find out.

Also look at the reputation of the dealer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:27 am 
ATV Nut Member

Honda's dont have a stiff ride they might not have IRS but its still a smooth ride sure they might have 3wd but if u look at all the people mudbogging theres alot more hondas than there are polarises everybody i no that has a polaris they have problems my cousins is soo bad that hes selling it and hoping on the day that a person comes to look at it it starts and my neighbors bogs down when he goes through mud id rather have reliability than comfort and features anyday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:35 am 
ATVing To The End

usa made, jap made. theres the difference. polaris's ride much nicer, have real 4x4, and are the "cadilac" of utility quads period. older hondas are great, but polaris's are sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:49 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

I'll concede the "mud" point to atv7790.

Polaris's are the cadillac's of atv's. One reason that is true, is because they are the heaviest @ 700+lbs. One drawback to that, is that they, naturally, SINK faster than lighter atv's. << That is ONLY me reasoning stuff out in my head; not from any experience.

Here in Alabama, I see exclusively Yami's and Polaris's Sportsmans in the mud bogs that I ride AROUND.

As far as a vehicle lasting --- unless its a brand new engine design or something else revolutionary (read "a design with lots of bugs"), ANY machine from ANY big name manufacturer will be good to you if you're good to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:32 pm 
ATV Nut Member

Ill concede to adam71o that polaris' are very comfortable but polaris' are not reliable my cousin has always treated his quad good hed take it riding then get back wash it up go for a swim then eat and then do the same thing over again as for my neighbor hes always just ridden it on grass and did some yard work with it he broke his cheap plastic front rack and he decided to take it thru the mud and it bogged right down now my grandpa on the other hand has a 92' honda 300 and hes probably washed it twice not counting leaving it in the rain and hes done everything on that thing and all hes had to replace was the cv boots and the tires and now he decided he neede a bigger atv so he bought a new 2004 foreman and all thats gone wrong with that was the winch and i dont think hes ever washed that before again not including leaving it in the rain plus the fact that my uncle has an 88' 350 honda and all he's changed were the brakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:57 pm 
ATVing To The End

yes, the older hondas are tanks on wheels...i would know i have one. the newer ones i am not a fan of; they have had more problems than i can count. if i was going to go out and buy a brand new ute, it would def. be a polaris.