ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What do you prefer
Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:55 pm
HONDA 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
POLARIS 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:05 pm 
ATV Nut Member

Yes the old hondas are tanks but i havent experienced any problems on the new hondas my grndpas is still running great the only thing i can say bad about it is the choke design the vibration of the quad causes it to go in and let off the choke too early other than that no problems at all the last manufacturer i would go to would be polaris for a ute also polaris is all american made right then why does it pay inder the polaris symbol on my cousins quad made in Taiwan

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:24 pm 
ATVing To The End

polaris is def. made in usa no doubt about it. and as for the newer hondas not having problems, about 50% of the ones ive seen have had problems....there are 16 hondas at my huntin camp and about 10 of them are years 2000 or newer. 4-5 of them have had problems like 4x4 going out, electronic programs failing, etc. then my friend just got a brand new 04 foreman rubicon esp, and it quit running right after about a month or so...they finally got it fixed but it was at the shop for around a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:32 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

my 2¢ :

I have a buddy who's family owns a 2000 Sportsman 500 and a 2001 500H.O.

They beat them mercilessly (and I have too :wink: ); for farm work at their "hunting camp" and hauling sea-doo's at their lake house. They spare them no abuse (because they can afford to buy more). They've not seen 1 problem, they only give them yearly maintenance. In fact, they just bought 2 '05 800EFI's.

I have another hunter-friend who has an '04 Rancher 350. He was driving his and his handlebar shaft just snapped ---clean and simple. He was not injured, but very miffed. He has since, joked "so how much for your 400?"

Again, be good to your bike, and it will be good to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:08 pm 
ATV Nut Member

The handlebar problem was in a recall just so that u no so thats a known problem and should have been taken in to get serviced i had told my grandpa on it and he took it in and they fixed it but my grandpa does not take care of his machines at all his honda 300 4x4 has been beat to death a year ago my grandpa had to move some rocks from his hunting cabinto his log cabin which is just down the street now my grandpa hooked the trailer up to the 300 and filled it with rocks until it was barely overflowing now the hunting cabin is on a very tall long and steep hill and so is his log cabin and i was the one who had to drive the 300 which the brakes were pretty worn then and now he has barely any pads left but anyways i took it down hill nice and slow in 1st gear while he followed behind in his tractor that went fine but then i had to go up the next hill i barely got up he actually had to push me bc my tires were spinning and i finally got home then later that year he decided to get a bigger quad so he got the foreman well it had 20 miles on it and i kept telling him not to overwork it by pulling anything heavy since it wasnt broken it well he had a huge trailer probably weighing about a 1000 pounds already and it was pilled high with 2 ft wide logs on it and he wanted to see if his quad could tow it it probably weighed about 1500 pounds at the least and he went right ahead and towed it about half a mile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:14 pm 
ATVing To The End

okay, then you go and buy yourself a honda and feel good about it :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:21 pm 
ATV Nut Member

im planning on getting a yamaha not a honda theyd be my second choice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:45 pm 
ATVing To The End

lol that would be my LAST choice as far as ute's go...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:46 pm 
ATV Nut Member

what yamaha? why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:00 am 
ATVing To The End

ive seen what they look like a couple years later....IMO they arent near up to par as polaris or honda. JMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:55 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

From my friends with atv's, I've gotten the same impression. >> That for utility purposes, Yamaha's wear down quickly; but for everything else, they're great. I'm considering buying a Yamaha Kodiak 450 for exclusively trail riding, so that when my dad wants to ride with me, he can take the SP400, which is a bit slower. Ofcourse, for any work purpose, I'll still use the SP400.

Nah, I think for just joyriding, I might get the Scrambler.
Can anyone recommend a better automatic 4x4 speed machine?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next