ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What do you prefer
Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:55 pm
HONDA 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
POLARIS 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:12 pm 
ATV Nut Member

oh alright the only thing that bothers me is that Yamaha is not up to par with big bores and they are lacking in the 500cc department they should upgrade the Kodiak 400 with a front diff locker and the Kodiak 450 to a 500 maybe with EFI and an improved Grizz with EFI and twin cylinders

Last edited by atv7790 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:46 am 
ATVing To The End

yea, a 500 would be a good addition to yami's line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:52 pm 
Trail Riding Member

honda their like tanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:18 pm 
Trail Riding Member

Poll results are not exactly neck and neck at this point :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:22 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

From info ive gathered from riding them and readin. In 4x4 ridin down a steep incline the back tires r the only ones Engine Braking. I like a 4wheeler to hold back, not slide. Its engine brakin isnt nothing compared to the Rubicon! When in Rev. 4x4 doesnt work until u push your lil Override Button. O the brakes. U dont have a front brake lever. What r they thinkin???? Thats all i ever use. U have a hand brake lever that operates all 4 tires and u have a foot brake for the back tires. 1 resivore for all the brakes! "What If" u snaged a brake line and lost your fluid?? IMO i think thats Y honda left the rear brakes machinicle.

What about a back up stater of some sort. I'd hate to say im broke down and couldnt make it home if my battery droped a cell.

Lets not talk about there weight. :lol:

As far as TRUE 4x4 on Hondas just touch your front Brakes when u Think u need it!!

There all are going to have problems here and there. Honda will just have fewer problems. Seen it too many times.

SORRY Polaris I bought a HONDA!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

1996yfs200 wrote:
usa made, jap made. theres the difference. polaris's ride much nicer, have real 4x4, and are the "cadilac" of utility quads period. older hondas are great, but polaris's are sweet.

TIME OUT Fuji is not American! Polaris American made? The hubs are cast in China the metal it China the motor is made by Fuji etc etc. It is assembled in the USA. OH yeah so is the Honda!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:34 am 
ATV Junkie

cgm1518 wrote:
1 resivore for all the brakes! "What If" u snaged a brake line and lost your fluid?? IMO i think thats Y honda left the rear brakes machinicle.

Actually On my rincon the foot brake is Hydraulic to the rears, the front left is mechanical to the rear, and the fronts are hydraulic. So 2 reservoirs and 2 different systems on mine. So if you do catch a brake line in the front yeah you loose the fronts but throw it in 4x4 and then you still have a lever and a foot pedal. I like my machine to be in 4x4 when I put it in, not when a computer tells itself that the machine needs to be in 4x4. And as far as cadillacs of ATV on polaris's behalf.........800lbs vs 600 lbs and 800 lbs is gonna ride smother how? sorry i don't agree there. Everyone has opinions on their makes and brands and it will always be in constant turmoil, best we can do is fend for our own. Thats why I ride red!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:29 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

RR I thought you rode red because it was her time of the month :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:44 pm 
Trail Riding Member

honda all the way.

Post subject: Re: Honda, Polaris
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:01 pm 
ATV Junkie

The one I would choose would really depend on which type and size class.

As far as the utility machines are concerned, I like Polaris because of it's features, and Honda because of it's reliability and durability. But I would rather have as much of each that I can get all in one package.

So to get the best of both worlds, I think I would have to try Suzuki. I'm wanting a Kingquad 450, but my get a Kingquad 750. Or if I want to pay extra for power steering, I may consider the Yamaha Grizzly 700 with EPS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next