ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

what dominates the pack
yamaha YFZ450 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
suzuki R450 26%  26%  [ 8 ]
Honda 450R 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
yamaha banshee 350 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
kawasaki R450 (i know its not released yet) 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:31 pm 
ATVing To The End

Based on a shoot-out I just read in Quad Off Road mag, the r450 beat them all in every category.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:04 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

I dont think you can honestly say that any one of them "dominates".
If you look at race results sometimes a Honda wins, sometimes a Yammie wins and sometimes a Suzuki wins.
I bought the YFZ for several reasons. For one, its a Yamaha. Ive always had good luck with Yamahas and always really liked every Yamaha Ive owned, so why mess with a good thing?
I also look at the level of quality. A few of my buddies have 450Rs and one has a KFX400 and Yamaha's built quality is just a little bit better.
Also, I love the way the YFZ fits me. On my brother's Predator I feel kinda like I have to reach for the shifter, brake and handlebars.
I like the Predators and 450Rs Ive ridden and the R450 looks nice, but for me a Yamaha is the only real option. They have been good to me and I like their design and engineering features, so why switch brands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:56 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

450r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:50 am 
ATV Junkie

This is going to end up in a big fight. i feel it coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:04 am 
ATV Junkie

Atvrider1110 wrote:
This is going to end up in a big fight. i feel it coming.

You ain't the only one!!!!!! Keep it clean guys no fightin or it gets a Image!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:44 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Got_Cheen? wrote:
all i can say is why the hell is the banshee on a list of 450's.
I was wondering the same thing. 450R :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:46 am 
ATVing Obsessed Member

If I was going to buy one of the listed quads right now, it would be the Suzuki. I like the idea of having fuel injection, since I ride everything from 7,000' to sea level elevation. I also like the wider front end compaired to the stock Honda and Yamaha, I wouldn't need to do anything to the suspension for the fast trailriding around here (I don't race MX). The ATK/Cannondale could be just as good, and possibly perform better, but the dealer network isn't nearly as established here in Oregon as Suzuki is, so getting help with any warrantee/parts ordering problems might be a major headache for me. My second choice would have to be the Honda, just because I've always loved my 250R and Honda's reliability. For the record, sitting on the new 450's feels strange to me after riding my 250R for so long. With the 250R I feel like I'm sitting "in" the quad, the 450's feel like I'm sitting "on" it which makes me feel like it would be more top heavy or tippy in the turns. I'd have to learn how to ride all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

Spraguepsycho1 wrote:
For the record, sitting on the new 450's feels strange to me after riding my 250R for so long. With the 250R I feel like I'm sitting "in" the quad, the 450's feel like I'm sitting "on" it which makes me feel like it would be more top heavy or tippy in the turns. I'd have to learn how to ride all over again.

I know excatly what you mean. I came off a 250R being my first sport quad but went to a 400, then 450. Pretty much the same though.

I got where I couldn't corner near as fast though having a better machine. Ended up putting on a 250R conversion kit to one of my C'Dales which lowered it down quite a bit on seatheight and such and it actually feels fairly close to the 250R. I can handle just as good, have low center of gravity, and feels like old times. Just took a custom subframe/gas tank, custom mounts, and some 250R plastic/seat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:21 pm 
Trail Riding Member

I love my 450r but I havent had the pleasure of riding any of the other one's...I sat on the zuk and it felt tiny but never got to ride it...Oh well ride red army !!!!!P.S. I have seen and sat on the cannanodale but geting parts has got to be hard??If I remember correctly the frame was huge what is it made out of ???alum or ti??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:35 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

J.T.450r wrote:
If I remember correctly the frame was huge what is it made out of ???alum or ti??

The original Cannondale frames were aluminum, not sure about the new ones, Psychosis would be able to tell you about the newer ATK frames.