ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Warranty or not
Yes, worth the money 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
No, save your money 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Warranty or not
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:40 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

So is the warranty worth the $$$ ?

06 Brute force 650i ... worth the $340 for extra 2yrs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Just one vote?

Post subject: Re: Warranty or not
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:13 am 
ATV Junkie

I think it would depend on the machine and brand itself. I would look at such things as "Is it a new model?", the reputation of the company, and the expense of the most common known problems associated with the machine. In most cases I would get an extended warranty. That's what I did when I bought my Wolverine 450. It was a new model when I bought it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 pm 
ATVing To The End

I have never bought an extended warranty on anything in my life. And, in 99% of the cases it has been the correct decision. Extended warranties, in general, just put more $$ in the dealers/issuers pocket. It is a quite profitable business to be in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm 
Trail Riding Member

its a security issue. chances are, its like cars. most of the time you don't use them. but when you need them, they save a helluva lot outta pocket. case in point, i've owned probably 7 cars/trucks in my life. i need a new transmission in my truck(first use of warranty ever). i paid 1800 for the extended warranty 3 yrs ago, if i didn't get it, the transmission would be about 1800(and that would be a good price)then i'd have to pay labor for them to pull the old one and install the new one. my deductible on my extended warranty is 50 bucks, and i get a rental while they are working on it. that made an extended warranty worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:32 pm 
ATV Junkie

Same here. I had a '91 Nissan truck with an extended warranty with a $25 deductable. It paid for a $5800 brand new transmission plus labor, a $1150 remanufactured rear differential, and a starter.

On my '93 Dodge, the extended warranty with $100 deductable paid $1100 for an engine rebuild and also for a rebuilt transmission (can't remember the amount).

There were a few other things that were either paid for by extended warranties, or situations where I wish I had bought an extended warranty.

ATVs aren't as likely to be that expensive to repair. But one big repair after the factory warranty runs out can make it worth it, and I definately recommend one for any new model.

In fact, my motorcycle was a new model when I bought it, but I figured that being a Honda, the 3 year factory warranty would be enough. It wasn't, and now I'm going to have to pay for whatever electrical problems that it has now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:14 pm 
Trail Riding Member

exactly, considering i have a 10k bike, i want a professional to touch it if something happens.