ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AC 400 4X4 problems
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:02 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Just bought a new 2008 400 auto 4x4 (carborated not EFI) put a few miles on it last november and some this winter, but recently took it to my camp and started putting a few more on it (has 69 miles)when I noticed that while riding it would bog down and want to stall i would have to feather the throttle to keep it running. It would act up for a few minutes and then it would be ok for a while only to act up again this went on all weekend and I am not sure what the issue would be and would like some information on what this might be. I do notice that at times some fuel will spray out of the breather tubes that are located under the speedo it also seems to act up more when it is hot.
Any help would be greatly apprciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: AC 400 4X4 problems
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 am 
Trail Riding Member

It sounds like you need to take the carb off and give it a really good cleaning. take the jets out and everything but make sure you put the jets back in the right holes or it will run like [profanity]. There is this new fuel treatment that works well( kinda like stabil use to work) but you can get it at walmart. it has enzimes in it and says on the bottle that it is formulated for ethanol gas or E10. I would try a new spark plug too just because they are cheap and somtimes a very easy fix