ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Keep it clean!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I live in Az and am licensed and insured, I can ride on any road if I have the nerve. but when I went to CO. this year I couldn't ride from Ouray to the trail head. Bikes could but not a registered quad. NO Sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 pm 

crackshot wrote:
Give me your address Bub I'm on the way to your house in Texas with my camper, pickup truck and ATV.. :grin: :grin: OH and the Beer cooler!

I'm commin too!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:58 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Evidently everone missed the key problem in that particular bill. I totally agree with all the registration rules, but I am totally against the crap about the funds not going back to the industry. Its just another way they are robbing from the OHV community. Those funds need to go to a state organization, so they can use them to meet RTP matching funds. Lets face it OHV users have been lazy, and think they are owed something, when in fact they will loose it all in the next four years if they don't step up with the new forest service laws going into effect. My suggestion is find an association and join it, support it, and make sure they are working with the state association, or else find one that is. Only way to keep our places open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:41 pm 
ATV Nut Member

In Michigan, You pay for the quad with taxes and title transfer fee's, take it home and stop at your local Mart store with a sporting goods counter, and purchase an ORV sticker and ride with no insurance, Unless you want it and no registration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:51 pm 

Does this apply only to CO residents or to everyone?
I'd like to know the name of that Western Slope ATV dealership. I think it should be published in every ATV website and magazine and club so we can BOYCOTT his dealership. Any dealer who starts a bill that adversely affects his own customers, just because of his own greed, does not belong in the business.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:44 am 

Hello,
I am the recent owner of Crawfords Campground and Cabin rentals in Murphy NC. (www.crawfordsattellico.com) we are experiencing issues with the extreme side of enviromentism here with the attempt to close park trails here as well as all over the US. All offroaders are in a battle to keep their access open to public lands. Recently several enviromental groups here such as Trout Unlimited has initiated a threat to proceed with a civil action against the US Forest Service to close public access to the park for off road vehicles. This threat has caused the US Forest Service to close a few of the key trails in our system and start a full park closure for the winter months. The SFWDA and Blue Ribbon Coalition have joined forces to fight these actions all accross the US starting here as well as the Rubicon trail system and Moab Utal.
This is where we need your help...We want to throw a fund raiser event here at the campground where all proceeds for the event go to the fight to keep our access to public land. We just had a Spring Fling Event and had a very good turnout and raised several thousands of needed dollars for this cause. The above mentioned organizations are "Not for Profit" and depend on fund raisers. We would like to get something together for June this year and will need some clubs to step up with assistance and help locating raffle prizes. What we did for the last event was charge $35 per person attending(Children 10yoa and under free), which broke down as $15 camping $10 event registration, $10 meal. We had a pot luck dinner Fri night, Sat BBQ Dinner, Raffle and band for Sat night. You can ride the area in between.
Please contact me if you would like to assist and/or attend. We can hold 300-400 people here and would like to see this type of turnout. It will be for a great cause that all off roaders will bennifit from.
Danny 828-837-9077
crawfords_campground@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CRAWFORDS CAMP wrote:
Hello,
I am the recent owner of Crawfords Campground and Cabin rentals in Murphy NC. (http://www.crawfordsattellico.com) we are experiencing issues with the extreme side of enviromentism here with the attempt to close park trails here as well as all over the US. All offroaders are in a battle to keep their access open to public lands. Recently several enviromental groups here such as Trout Unlimited has initiated a threat to proceed with a civil action against the US Forest Service to close public access to the park for off road vehicles. This threat has caused the US Forest Service to close a few of the key trails in our system and start a full park closure for the winter months. The SFWDA and Blue Ribbon Coalition have joined forces to fight these actions all across the US starting here as well as the Rubicon trail system and Moab Utal.

This is where we need your help...We want to throw a fund raiser event here at the campground where all proceeds for the event go to the fight to keep our access to public land. We just had a Spring Fling Event and had a very good turnout and raised several thousands of needed dollars for this cause. The above mentioned organizations are "Not for Profit" and depend on fund raisers. We would like to get something together for June this year and will need some clubs to step up with assistance and help locating raffle prizes. What we did for the last event was charge $35 per person attending(Children 10yoa and under free), which broke down as $15 camping $10 event registration, $10 meal. We had a pot luck dinner Fri night, Sat BBQ Dinner, Raffle and band for Sat night. You can ride the area in between.

Please contact me if you would like to assist and/or attend. We can hold 300-400 people here and would like to see this type of turnout. It will be for a great cause that all off roaders will benefit from.
Danny 828-837-9077
crawfords_campground@yahoo.com

To continue this fund raising discussion, please visit the following topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54114