ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Keep it clean!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:37 am 
ATV Official
ATV Official

For what a set of tracks cost, I wouldn't think they'd be worth it. If the only place you had to ride was under those conditions, then maybe. You're in a unique situation where if the snow or cold is too much to ride high, go the other way and ride the desert.

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:28 pm 
ATV Junkie

Yea, but it still would be cheaper than a new snowmobile. And at least with tracks, I could ride where there isn't snow. It's just a consideration for now. But as long as the snow is there, that makes it hard for most people to get to the old gold mine shafts to look for gold. A track kit would give me an advantage in getting there... :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:00 pm 
ATV Official
ATV Official

Tell ya what. Get you a set of them tracks and go find one of them thar gold mines. When ya do, I'll come join you, just to keep you company mind you.

The other thought that popped in my mind. Typical of one of them Florida flatlanders, first time ya see snow, ya go ape doodoo. Ever wonder why so many folks flock south in the winter time? That pretty white stuff gets old after awhile.

Have fun. :bigups:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:01 pm 
ATV Junkie

Uh huh. I lived in Pennsylvania for 6 years when I was a kid. And I've been to Anchorage Alaska twice, both times in January, where it REALLY snows. :grin:

Actually, I am handling the cold better than I thought I would. But I did flock south where it was warmer. Left the LaPlata mountains and flocked about 50 miles south to where I live in New Mexico, where there was no snow. :lol:

But at least it doesn't snow as much where I live as in many places. Many places along the I-40 corridor, especially east of Albuquerque and far into Oklahoma, get more snow than here. And that's a bit southerly of here. So at least here we don't get much, but it's close by if I want it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:35 pm 
ATV Official
ATV Official

Stop to think about it, you live in a perfect spot. In the winter, you can play in the snow if'n ya want, or go south and play in the desert. In the summer, if it's too hot for the desert, head for the hills.

My brother lives in southern Idaho and he rides about ten months out of the year, doing the same thing. That's what is so great about the Owyhee Mountains. In the summer when it's hot in the valley, you can get up around 8k+', and there will still be snow well into July. In the winter, the lower country dips down to around the 3k' level, but it's also on the leeward side when the wind and storms blow thru, so not much snow, and pretty much protected from the wind. There is over 900 miles of ohv accessible trails in Owyhee county alone to keep you busy for a while. That's why we go up there every year. I'd move up there in a heartbeat, but Grandma won't let me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:12 pm 
ATV Junkie

Yea, and I still have the option of Moab, being I'm about 190 miles from there. I think I'll try Moab in April/May. There's places to ride in Arizona too, except that they are all further away I think.