ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Keep it clean!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:53 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

WARNING just to let every one know that is interested in riding atvs north of black river falls wisconsin . we had a family reunion in the area we rented a large house in the area it was great we brought 5 -4 wheelers to ride the trails and gave our family members all a chance to ride. all was going great till the weather turned bad to the north and my weather radio said to take cover . we found a road that took us to the closest shelter. Dep. Steven Struensee was there so we pulled up to talk to the Dep. Sheriff. all he could tell us that we couldnt ride on that road and we explaned to him about the situation to take cover the best way we could. he told us that the law is the law and we broke the law. and wrote us a $200 ticket. he had no respect for us at all. after spending over 8 thousand dollars in the black river area for our family reunion. bought all the trail passes and tried to do everything right . and to have a Dep. Sheriff ruin our whole reunion under a emergency situation to get to shelter. i am sorry to say we will NOT be coming back and will let many people know of our expriance.
thanks
paul erickson

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

just the latest
because of the distance to travel i requested a telephone confrence and or trial. i recieved not a reply in letter foorm or phone call just that i owed them because they found me guilty when i didnt show up.
i called them and got put on hold for an hour and then hung up on. we will look any where but wisconsin for our vacation plans.
paul erickson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am 
ATVing To The End

A pity and a shame. Perhaps the deputy was a little shy on his points for the month, and you all were his chance to catch up. Regardless, I will never go to
Wi. to ride, you can bet on that.