ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which exhaust for DS650?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:52 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I am looking for more power. Are the whole header systems worth the money? Which exhaust and air filter is the best in your opinion for the DS 650. Btw I have an 02 DS650, what other mods do you recommend.

thanks,

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:43 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

1badta wrote:
I am looking for more power. Are the whole header systems worth the money? Which exhaust and air filter is the best in your opinion for the DS 650. Btw I have an 02 DS650, what other mods do you recommend.

thanks,

Get the Big Gun complete system and a K&N air filter.

You can purchase it at http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:11 pm 
Trail Riding Member

i run the ron woods racing complete exaust-i absolutly love my pipe. if u are wanting instant powergains i would get the cdi box and air filters with a jet kit,----that would be enough to hold u off for a while... good luck with whatever u choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:20 pm 

thanks for all of the replies. Also do I have to rejet with just an exhaust upgrade or do I just need change jet sizes after the K/N air filter.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:25 pm 
Trail Riding Member

if u change the pipe u proberly are going to have to,it would be more responsive if u did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:53 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Installing a Performance pipe doesnt require re-jetting, but its a good idea anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:53 pm 
Trail Riding Member

for peak performence and throttle response it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:15 pm 

If you ever go to atvconnection.com everyone seems to like the ron woods or graydon over anything else. They are both fairly loud though. If you are wanting to spend some bucks and want to wait, lteracing.com is supposed to have dauls coming out for the DS soon, but the raptor dauls run about 700 bucks and you have to modify the airbox and possibly relocate battery. The LTE is supposed to be the hottest thing out once it comes out. I know many people waiting for them to come out to try. Also the LTE duals are supposed to be less than 96db.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 pm 

hello, !!
rldbobcat...I am looking for more power. Are the whole header systems worth the money? Which exhaust and air filter is the best in your opinion for the DS 650. Btw I have an 02 DS650, what other mods do you recommend.

thanks..

cheers,
how to deal with depression

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am 
ATVing To The End

I have no personal experience with the DS650, but in general, without other engine mods such as port and polish, BBK, ect., a full exhaust will give little in gains over just a high flow muffler.

The pipe and filter brand is a matter of personal choice. Some like HMF ( me included), some prefer FMF, some White Bros, ect ect ect. Take your pick. For maximum performance there is no other filter choice but K&N. But be aware, they let in more fine dust than any other brand.
So, if you will be riding in dusty conditions, Twin-Air would be a better choice. If not, go with K&N.

BTW, unless a jetting change is made at the same time as a pipe and filter, you are risking your engine top end from overheating due to a lean mixture condition. Those three, muffler, jetting, and filter, will make a noticeable difference in available power. To get more than that you are looking as some rather large expenditures.