ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:47 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

I have spotted a adley atv on a site called cranky ape and was hoping someone could fill me in on any experiences people have had with them. Are they a credible place to buy things from? It sure looks like they are and have stores across the US which is nice. I am also not to familiar with the ADLEY? Any information on this issue would be great. I want to buy one from Cranky Ape but want to see if anyone has heard or bought something from them.

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 pm 
ATV Official
ATV Official

Cranky Ape is a national internet auction site that specializes in bank repo and insurance sell offs. If you lived close enough to inspect items in person, I don't see where they'd be bad to deal with. I've heard of a few folks dealing with them, and no bad reviews. I guess it would depend if you was comfortable buying sight unseen with little or no recourse. From what I've seen, they try to do a good job of accurately describing the units.

As for the Adley units, when I looked just now, they had two 2007 models that where new bank repo's. They are nothing more than a Chinese unit with a resellers name badge. Some dealer somewhere over extended himself, and got foreclosed on. As for the bikes, buy them cheap, ride them til something breaks, then trash them and buy another.

There were a lot of these dealers scattered around, doing a fair business, but lack of repair parts and the recent change in EPA rules about lead paint content forced most of them out.
You very seldom see any around anymore. I think the average consumer figured out they were junk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm 
ATVing To The End

Some of the local dealers have held on to their Chinese mini-quads, hoping and lobbying for a change in the rules that will let them sell again. If not, I imagine we will see many more such auctions in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm 

I think if you dont have the money to pay for a new ATV, a repo would most definatly be the way to go. obviously the peolple spent to much money on their toys and couldnt afford it where as things on Craigslist are being sold for a reason! Would you buy from Cranky Ape? The more i look at it I would before Craigslist!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm 
ATVing To The End

Personally, I would not buy from any place that I cannot see and ride the ATV. To do otherwise is buying a pig in a poke, and asking to get screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 pm 

Proceed with caution, I bought an newer RV from them and on the way home it broke down. 400 miles, and $5500 later, and they would do NOTHING. Pulled the "AS IS" routine, The units are in rougher shape, you can find better deals on your own. Id stay away and never recommend them, after initial conversation, would answer emails or call back. Shady group if you ask me, from Texas all the way to Minnesota.