ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:39 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

Quadcrosser wrote:
Jeff Stoess (PRO GNCC) rider put almost 1000 hours on his before he sold it and the engine was untouched, I would bet it was an early 02.

I have seen that quad in person and he recently sold it. He said he'd never even checked the valves or anything. I asked him about that well over a year ago and he said it was the first Blaze to come into his shop and the first he'd seen. It came from the first shipment that he'd reserved so it's a VERY early 02 model.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:58 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Psychosis wrote:
Quadcrosser wrote:
Jeff Stoess (PRO GNCC) rider put almost 1000 hours on his before he sold it and the engine was untouched, I would bet it was an early 02.

I have seen that quad in person and he recently sold it. He said he'd never even checked the valves or anything. I asked him about that well over a year ago and he said it was the first Blaze to come into his shop and the first he'd seen. It came from the first shipment that he'd reserved so it's a VERY early 02 model.

I just love it when I am right. But I try to keep my hat size down to a small tent :lol: :lol: :lol: and even though my guess was right I am still humble enough to make sure and repeat all my other statments were my opinions only, I just like to try and make some logical sence out of it and a lot of things people are saying just don't add up and when some people talk like they know a lot of people believe and the story gose on and gets even bigger.

I am not sure how early my Speed is, but I was on the phone a lot when it got close to the date they told me they were going to ship. Just happend to call Cannondale the day they shipped, so the next day I called the dealer (20 min from the factory) I ordered it from. The parts guy told me they got one in but it was sold already (he had no way of knowing it was mine). It was Dynoed at the factory on 1/25/02 and I took delivery on 1/31/02. This was the first shipment so as far as the Moto you can't get much earlier than that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:37 am 
ATVing Is My Life

Quote:
What I mean by bean counters is stock holders. when they went public (I assume it was not what they wanted to do) they lost control. After all Cannondale was not a young company ( I believe over 30 years old). I also believe a lot of desisions were made by the stock holders in the last year. I also don't believe Pegasus (sp) wanted them to make it.

Cause and effect! We are saying in effect the same thing. They over spent and ran out of money so they only way to get money was to go public and accept all that goes with. The bean counter step in and it's all down hill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:35 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

First of all, the carbon fiber axle setup they were working on is not something that cost millions of dollars or even hunreds of thousands. It was a metal rod core that was wraped in carbon fiber and it was very light, strong, and revolutionary. I had an '02 Moto that was beaten like a red-headed stepchild and never quit running on me. Not once. Never a DNF ever. It was #99 off the line for '02 and I bought it in March of '02 and raced it relentlessly for 2 years. After the end of that 2 years we raced it in the "A" class at the 2003 12 Hours of ATV America and it still would not quit running. It's last race was a 10th place finish at the St. Louis round of the Formula USA Pro Quad races. I sold it after that because I couldn't get either ATK or Cdaleparts.com to even return a call so I could get parts. It was the best quad I ever owned and I miss it every time I ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:37 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

where can i look at these ATK ATVs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:27 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

dude on 4 wheels wrote:
where can i look at these ATK ATVs

I believe its http://www.atkusa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:43 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

quadracer310 wrote:
First of all, the carbon fiber axle setup they were working on is not something that cost millions of dollars or even hunreds of thousands. It was a metal rod core that was wraped in carbon fiber and it was very light, strong, and revolutionary. I had an '02 Moto that was beaten like a red-headed stepchild and never quit running on me. Not once. Never a DNF ever. It was #99 off the line for '02 and I bought it in March of '02 and raced it relentlessly for 2 years. After the end of that 2 years we raced it in the "A" class at the 2003 12 Hours of ATV America and it still would not quit running. It's last race was a 10th place finish at the St. Louis round of the Formula USA Pro Quad races. I sold it after that because I couldn't get either ATK or Cdaleparts.com to even return a call so I could get parts. It was the best quad I ever owned and I miss it every time I ride.

The one I saw had no steel rod in the middle. I have Moto #44 and have had great luck with it. Parts have never been a problem, of coarse I didn't use many. I even went out and bought another Dale after the bankruppcy. Its been two years since the bankrupcy and IMO there still isn't a quad that compares to it. So even if parts were difficult for a short time I wouldn't have given up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:53 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

as long as you are a member of cannondaler or cannondaleriders you dont have a reason good enough to give up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:14 pm 
ATVing Is My Life

There was not rod, don't know where you got that. It was a Carbon fiber axel and even the swing arm and axel carrier was changed. They spent a ton on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:00 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Daimon; I would like to know, how you know, how much money they spent on it. A couple of prototypes wouldn't be all that expensive. Prototype work dose cost a bit, but Haveing the fixtures and tooling built would be a sizeable investment plus the testing of the final product. I have talk to a lot of exemployee's and some of them before Cannondale went under. and as far as I know (and I have tried to find out more) All that was done was the prototypes, testing was minamil.

They May have made it if they would have spent more money on figureing how to leagally make claims that aren't morally right and stuffing the pockets of the magazines. Instead they spent money on Trying to make thier product even better. But then they wouldn't have the Quad I would go out on a limb for.