ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dales are great!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:44 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

I love my cannondale, crazy power and nice suspesion, so far raced 2 races, first one wiped out... second one placed 4th and 9th.

It's also still got the stock cranck and no stage 8. And runing strong, I plan on getting some elka front shocks and some new tires and wheels for the front.

If anyone is sketchy about getting one, go for it, best move I ever did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:05 am 
ATVing Is My Life

i agree 8-) cept that engine will have to come out sometime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:43 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

I couldn't really complain either. Take care of the crank and go ride. Have pulled more than enough holeshots and moving up classes and skill level like crazy. Put an LT front end on and you'll never be mad or afraid to land on something. I still have yet to bottom out my front Ohlins lt's after atleast 60 motos/heats. And if you're low on cash look for stock Moto arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:58 pm 
ATV Junkie

Not to dis cdale, but I wish mine would run so I could brag on it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:54 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

chigger81 wrote:
Not to dis cdale, but I wish mine would run so I could brag on it. :lol:

You'll figure it out eventually. The last time I put mine back together I messed something up in the clutch and had to tear it down again and redo the clutch. Probably something small and overlooked like perhaps maybe you hooked it up wrong. Maybe switched the coolant and crank sensors? Good luck getting it running though.

Post subject: Software
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:58 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Hi. I`m new. Just bought a Cannondale Cannibal and cannot get it to work properly. Looks like it`s an electronically error. I`m now looking for anyone that has a licence/software that can help detecting the problem - preferably in Europe as I`m in Germany. :roll: Can anyone give me a hint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:14 pm 
ATV Junkie

Try asking the same question here: http://www.cannondaleriders.com
Most of us are in the states, but you would have better luck over there. What is your dale doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:51 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

not to bring up the same point that has been said millons of times but for the money you would pay for the cdale blaze or moto u can easily buy a new yfz or 450r and put on all the goods.but on a better note the cdale dose have good power and my buddy has one that is a monster in the dunes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:09 pm 
ATV Junkie

teamhonda450rclassc wrote:
not to bring up the same point that has been said millons of times but for the money you would pay for the cdale blaze or moto u can easily buy a new yfz or 450r and put on all the goods.but on a better note the cdale dose have good power and my buddy has one that is a monster in the dunes.

I think you should do a little research before you make your contribution to the thread.

Do you even have a clue what a dale goes for these days?
Ive got under 3500 bucks in my stroker dale. New motor, rebuilt from the ground up. . . Granted it took some learning and time on my part, but it was all worth it.

Theres one on cdale riders like mine built by haydug cycles (very respectable) with a falicon crank for 3500.

new yfz - 7 grand
say, 500 bucks in performance crap like I suppose your talking? That would get you close to the price of a new atk anyway.

still cant touch my dale in the power department and Ive got less than half of that in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:35 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

I almost bought a complete running stock Speed a few weeks back actually but ended up getting beat out on it. Guy wanted only $1800 for it. 2003 model completely stock but there was play in the crank. Nothing Timbo from the forums couldn't fix for a few hundred dollars. For under $3k total investment I could've made it a 505cc engine w/LT a-arms, shocks, wide axle, nerfs, etc. Everything for around $3k.

Now tell me what's better. $7k for a YFZ/450R, $2k+ in suspension since theirs isn't cheap like C'Dale parts, $500-$1000+ for performance parts, plus necessary things like nerfs, killswitch, handlebars, etc.

I can't see a reason to spend the extra $7-8 grand for a quad that I've never had a problem racing against. You beat some, you loose some in racing which is basically the point for the money tally above. $10+k or $3-4k. I'll save the extra money and buy an identical backup machine and a ton of spare parts. (Not that you'd need a backup w/a Timbo crank though. I raced all the 2005 season w/only one DNF and it was b/c I lost it on a big jump and wrecked, breaking my wrist. Was still probably about 100 or so motos though.)