ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Tires for Recon.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 pm 
Trail Riding Member

Will 25x8/11 Swamplites on the front and 25x12/9 Swamplites on rear fit on my recon, without having to trim fenders esc.. And i am going to have a 2" lift with the new tires.Thanks :-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: New Tires for Recon.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:36 pm 
ATVing To The End

With the lift you should be fine, although I cannot say for certain since I have not seen tires that large on a Recon. Be aware you will lose considerable power with those tires. Doesn't the Recon have 22" tires stock?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm 
Trail Riding Member

Yea it does come with 22'' tires. I just want more ground clearence. I just changed my mind on the tires i want the TSL Vampires the ones that have the same tread pattern as the TSL EDL's. I want 25x13-9 on back and 25x9.5-11 on the front. Please tell me that they will fit and if not how can i without destroying my recon Please help me with a way to fit the tires :crazy:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:07 pm 
ATVing To The End

Like I said, haven't seen anyone put that large of tires on a Recon, so can't say for certain. I wish you good luck, however. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 pm 
Trail Riding Member

Thanks for your help woodsrunner. But, one more question do you know on any lifts for the recon that are more than 2 inches? :bigups:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:21 pm 
ATVing To The End

Nope. Never seen one. Not a good idea anyway. Your u-joints would be greatly stressed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:11 am 
ATV Official
ATV Official

There is not a lot of aftermarket parts, ie lift kits, available for the Recon for a reason. It is not a bike that most people would do these kind of mods to. The Recon is a very capable bike, but it is not designed to be a mudder.

The main advantage with the bike is it's light weight. If you get it into trouble, hop off, and pick it up. When you go adding these big aftermarket tires, you'll add close to 100 lbs of weight. Now you have more to pick up, plus you'll loose so much power that you will get into trouble faster and more often.

I agree with Woods, I'd seriosly re-think this. Just something to think about, I have a Rancher with one third bigger motor, and I wouldn't even think about putting these big tires on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm 
ATVing To The End

hunt, if you really want to build a mudder, you should look into getting a larger quad. I am sure down in Texas you could find a good used Foreman to play in the mud with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm 
Trail Riding Member

haha next one i get defiently will be a foreman rubicon for sure! :grin: For these new tires on my recon i am going to stick with 22''s i dont want to lose hardly any power and ya'll say that it would lose a ton with 25''s. Thanks for the great advice. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 pm 
ATVing To The End

A wise decision, IMHO. :mrgreen:

FYI, back in the old days we used to tackle mud pits with 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers under 200 cc, but we went at them fast and tried to skim over the top of the mud. Be aware: this can also result in a front end dive INTO the mud with you flying head first into the mud in front of the quad. But, sometimes it worked, as well. :wink: