ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quad Terrain Reborn
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:10 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Attention Quad Terrain Racers and Enduro Cross Racers and Fans;
Since the fall of WPSA I have been in search of a new series as I am a Quad Terrain Racer. I’ve contacted many places and found a track that wants to run either a series or weekend event. The track is an indoor arena outside of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis & St. Paul) in New Richmond, WI. It is a new indoor arena next to a 3/8 mile dirt track where the dirt tract hosts events like World of Outlaws, late models, modifieds, ect. races Saturday nights, so they know a thing or two about racing. The dirt track is called Cedar Lake Speedway (http://www.cedarlakespeedway.com) and the arena is called Sandbox Arena (http://www.sandboxarena.com) I have been talking to the track co-owner Rob Murphy (not related to Rick Murphy) and he wants more input from racers and fans who want to attend so he knows weather or not to pursue this event or series.
It will be set up either like an Enduro Cross or Quad Terrain Race. It is early yet so no rules, classes or anything has been established.
Jennifer Rath from Rath Racing said the team will attend if there are no schedule conflicts with any other series. Jesse West from West Racing and Factory Arctic Cat Racer also said the same.
So if you want to race or see Quad Terrain or Enduro Cross again please email or phone Rob Murphy at info@sandboxarena.com or 715-248-4755 track or 651-755-0017 cell. Rob wants to know how many want to race and watch.
Looks like for scheduling between OMA, GNC, GNCC June 14, July 19 & 26, August 2, 16, & 23, and September 6 will all work for a race at the sandbox arena.
So it’s up to the racers and fans to decide if they want to see Quad Terrain or Enduro Cross Racing. All you have to do is contact Rob Murphy. I’ll do what I can, but I need your help.
Next Day
I just got back from the track a little while ago and had a meeting with the owners. As you know I'm not a promoter so I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, I just want to race. Anyways, my expectations for the building were not very high. When I arrived that changed everything. The building is huge! They have 90,000 sq. ft of racing space. They can seat up to 3,000 people and have 3 levels of parking for visitors. They have a nice area for concession food, pop and beer. They have a small arcade and a 1st turn viewing area for fans. I have been to the Tulsa Arena dome thing before and that was huge. In comparison to that, the sandbox arena is approximately the same size as the track in Tulsa, OK but without the indoor pit area. It has a very professional look to it as it was just built last year. They said that the Enduro Cross Circuit will be stopping there this fall for a race also. The only down side is that they could only fit 7 or 8 quads on the line, but you could put the rest behind the line if you wanted a 15 or 20 quad final.

The owner said WPSA wanted to have a race there this year, but he said WPSA wanted way too much money to host the event and Rick Murphy and the crew were a little stuffy for the track owners. The track owners are really nice guys, you should give them a call just to say hello. They are former dirt bike racers, who do a lot for the dirt bike sport and would love to get into ATV's. They said Polaris does there factory testing on their prototype machines at their track. They said they should be able to get money from Polaris and Amsoil but would like to get some money from other Factory Race teams to hold the event. They said they would like to try and get $2,500 from each manufacture if they could. They asked me if I had any info on who to contact for funds, but I don't have any other contacts other then Warnert Racings email, which they never respond to. Does anybody have any other teams contact #'s like Can Am, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, KTM? If so give them to the owners.

The owners also would like to try doing a series, not just a race weekend. They said the series probably could fit in 3 races or more. I told them they may want to wait and see what kind of response they get from the first race. They were thinking about an Enduro Cross Style track. They would have 3 classes for Utilities (Pro, Amateur, & Veteran) and 3 for Sport Quads (Pro, Amateur, & Veteran). They want to also have each weekend be a double header weekend. That would work out well with the dirt race track being right next door as fans could go to and from each track, plus the Pro pits would be in between the two tracks giving more signage to sponsors.

The only thing the track owners are worried about is having no one show up at the track and have it be all talk. They are thinking about having pre-entry forms so they would know a little more about who is coming.

You can help by talking to other racers about the race and tell them to contact the owners immediately. It would be great if a lot of GNCC racers would show up. What kind of purse would it take to get the Pros to come? If there is any other companies that my want to give money for a hole shot award or any other purse money that would be great too.

If a dealership were to offer money for the Pros to come a day early like Friday before the race would they? How much would it take?

I will be talking to the owners again tommorow for more updates. Please ask questions if interested!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: Quad Terrain Reborn
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

See news topic about the Grass Roots Effort to bring Quad Terrain Challenge Racing back.

Post subject: Re: Quad Terrain Reborn
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

The Quad Terrain Racing Series has an official name which now is the Polaris Ultimate Quad Terrain Series presented by Amsoil. Carlisle Belts also has decided to support the Amateur A class riders in the Utility division, by donating a free drive belt to the winners. We are currently working with other sponsors to increase the Pro purse and amateur prizes. There will be an optional practice session on Friday nights and a practice session on Saturday mornings.
There are only three hotels in New Richmond, WI (AmericInn 715-246-3993, Riverfront Inn 715-246-4606, and Super 8 715-246-7829) and rooms are filling up fast in New Richmond, WI. Otherwise Hudson, WI and Stillwater, MN are only a ½ hour away and have many hotels in those towns.
Check out the website for up to date information.
www.sandboxarena.com