ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chinese UTVs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Anybody actually own one of the Rhino style chinese UTVs that are popping up everywhere? I would love to see a review.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: Chinese UTVs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Try contacting Oscat at bigo@camomotorsports.com

He and his mechanics can probably give you detailed information about these chinese "rhino-clones".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:50 pm 

My neighbor bought one for his boy. It had starting problems. He cured them by going through the wiring system connection by connection and it was ok after that. It was one of the very small ones. Don't know a thing about the larger ones.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 am 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Drove a 500cc Rhino clone (Diamo Discovery) this last weekend. I was not impressed. No power, not that it ran right, it kept cutting out at full throttle. The plastics weren't up to par for a Rhino either and did not line up quite right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am 

Sampson, I did an extensive review on the 2008 Treker 4420ST by land pride recently. After 200 hours, I have had the left rear frame arm separate TWICE on it. The full review is at http://fp1.centurytel.net/diverdan about half way down the page you will see the product review for the treker. Here is a photograph I took of the SECOND TIME the frame came apart due to a missing weld during the mfg process. Both arms failed in the exact same way. I will say, this is the ONLY problem I have had with it and I cover some very rough rocky terrain in south Texas. The first time the arm was replaced free under warranty, this time the deal has offered to remove and weld it. The opposite arm on the right side is fine, just the left side keeps failing. - Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:50 pm 
ATVing Obsessed Member

I apreciate the response. I ran like crazy after test driving that 500cc. Without a better description and granted it was only 500cc's, it was lacking compared to the Yamaha and Kawasaki. They wanted over $7k for a 700cc (they didn't have one on the lot to test drive) and I bought a new 2008 leftover Kawsaki Teryx for $8500 OTD. Seemed like a no-brainer.