ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

how would a Honda Pilot compare with a Rhino or RZR ?

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:20 am 
ATVing To The End

Have not yet seen a Pilot, but from reviews I would say it was built for work and not play. With a top speed of 45 mph and the Rincon engine, which will reach 63-65 mph in a Rincon, it is geared lower to pull and carry, not zip and zoom. The engine itself has been detuned, from all descriptions I have heard. But like all Honda products, I feel sure it will be sold as a rock and last forever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 am 
ATV Official
ATV Official

Like Woods, only going by what I've read about the new Honda, but here is my impressions. The Honda would fit a completely different niche than either the Rhino or RZR. First off, the Honda will be geared a lot different because of the greatly added weight of the Rincon. The 45 mph speed mentioned for the Honda is in line with stock Rhinos and Ranger, with the RZR going a little quicker.

The Honda would not make for much of a trail machine because of it's size, about 60" wide, same as the Ranger. The Rhino comes in stock at 54', the RZR's at 50". A lot of states already limit trails to 50" and more and more are starting to follow.

For a farm or ranch application, probably last a life time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm 

i think you are confused about the honda pilot

check out PilotOdyssey.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:24 pm 
ATVing To The End

You are right. I was thinking of the new Big Red. It is in the same class as the Rhino and RZR. The Pilot is not, it is another breed of cat. There can be no real comparison between the three.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 pm 

Depends on what you are looking to do? Are you talking about something for trail riding and stuff in?

Pilot - one person only. Two wheel drive. Older. Cheaper. Can be a lot of fun, but limited to where it can go.

Rhino - two people, plus cargo. 4 wheel drive. Very well made, newer, and more expensive. IS a lot of fun, and can go just about anywhere...plus, if you want to race them, there are all kinds of classes and possibilities for racing Rhinos or RZRs/Teryx's, etc.....

Pilots and UTV's are two totally different things, though....so it will depend on what you are looking to do with them.