ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

I have a 4420ST treker by land pride and TWICE now the rear frame arm on the left side has separated. I notied the vehicle was leaning to one side so I lifted the dump bed and found the problem. The first time the frame arm was much worse than the photo below and replaced under warranty. The SECOND TIME, less than 3 months after the arm was replaced, it happened again and the dealer has offered to weld it. I do not think this is an isolated case and I think this weld is being missed during the manufacturing process on more than just my unit.
I would like to know if there is anyone else out there that is having of has had this same problem.

Here is my complete product review on this treker
http://fp1.centurytel.net/diverdan/treker.htm

Thanks,
Dan

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am 

When i first saw your picture and read what you had said my first thoughts were just weld it. sometimes these things happen. just get someone to weld or do it your self. a bead on the top and bottom will hold that together.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 pm 

Kyle89 wrote:
When i first saw your picture and read what you had said my first thoughts were just weld it. sometimes these things happen. just get someone to weld or do it your self. a bead on the top and bottom will hold that together.

True, I could do that, but it only has 200 hours on it and this is the SECOND time it has happened in less than 3 months and I didn't want to void the warranty by doing it myself. The dealer said they will weld it and I still need to bring it in. Because it has happened in the same place twice, I suspect there are others out there who are having or have had the same exact problem.