ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What UTV do you have
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:22 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

What UTV do you have or will be getting? Would you buy again? If not what would you buy. Why did you buy this unit?

Thanks

KC

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject: Re: What UTV do you have
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:09 pm 

Kawaski Teryx. Wider, more stable, v-twin motor, beefier suspension.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:37 am 

dieselpowered wrote:
Kawaski Teryx. Wider, more stable, v-twin motor, beefier suspension.

THanks, did you look at any thing else?

KC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:17 pm 

The only other machine I considered was the Rhino...not a big fan of the style of the Ranger and I need to be able to carry more people than what I can with a Rzr.

They are all great machines, I am sure whichever one I chose I would have had a blast with.

With that said, I could not be happier with the Teryx.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:16 pm 

dieselpowered wrote:
The only other machine I considered was the Rhino...not a big fan of the style of the Ranger and I need to be able to carry more people than what I can with a Rzr.

They are all great machines, I am sure whichever one I chose I would have had a blast with.

With that said, I could not be happier with the Teryx.

Thanks again for the info!!!

KC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

I have a Rhino. But if I were buying new right now I would buy a Teryx. I like the size and comfort of the Teryx interior better than the Rhino. And I like the V-twin Kawi motor much better than the rather anemic feeling motor in the Rhino.

3TV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:27 pm 

3TV wrote:
I have a Rhino. But if I were buying new right now I would buy a Teryx. I like the size and comfort of the Teryx interior better than the Rhino. And I like the V-twin Kawi motor much better than the rather anemic feeling motor in the Rhino.

3TV

3TV would you consider the Rhino 700 EFI?

KC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:51 pm 

I have a couple of vehicles myself. I just got the teryx about 2 weeks ago and is rides great. I was almost there with the rhino but when I google to try to find more info on it the first things that popped up were lawyers ads for lawsuits. No a good thing. It was one of those two that I was intrested in. I say it is mine but my dad just got this kick ass mules deisel with two like a bus. He also has a seat put in by this company UV Country in houston. He said he could have done alittle more but he is going back in a week. I hae not been over there because when I pulled up he was already riding the teryx at the house. He told me it was like a candy store.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

AAFD wrote:
3TV wrote:

3TV

KC

No. I would not buy another Rhino. I like my Rhino the way it is now, but it cost thousands of dollars to make it perform like it should. I had the chance to ride in a Rhino 700 that was the silver special edition with sport shocks, and it shocked me. It was so slow, tippy, and wallowy feeling that I spent the whole ride wondering how the driver (I was the passenger) even kept control of the vehicle. I must be spoiled with my long travel Rhino that has some power mods done to it. There is no way I would spend the money they are asking for a new Rhino. They are the all time dog of the century in the power department.

I have test drove a Teryx, and for a stock side by side I thought it did really quite well. It had noticeably more power than the Rhino, a more stable securely planted feel to it, and better suspension. I didn't think there was much of a contest, the Teryx felt much better to me.

For me to buy another Rhino Yamaha would have to make some major improvements. Considering how detuned the side by side engines are in stock form they would need a minimum of 800cc, or preferably 950cc to 1000cc. They also need to feel far more stable, and they need better steering. Why doesn't Yamaha put the power steering from the Grizzly on the Rhino? For the incredibly high price of Rhino's this year the power steering should be standard equipment.

3TV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:06 pm 

3TV wrote:
AAFD wrote:
3TV wrote:

3TV

KC

No. I would not buy another Rhino. I like my Rhino the way it is now, but it cost thousands of dollars to make it perform like it should. I had the chance to ride in a Rhino 700 that was the silver special edition with sport shocks, and it shocked me. It was so slow, tippy, and wallowy feeling that I spent the whole ride wondering how the driver (I was the passenger) even kept control of the vehicle. I must be spoiled with my long travel Rhino that has some power mods done to it. There is no way I would spend the money they are asking for a new Rhino. They are the all time dog of the century in the power department.

I have test drove a Teryx, and for a stock side by side I thought it did really quite well. It had noticeably more power than the Rhino, a more stable securely planted feel to it, and better suspension. I didn't think there was much of a contest, the Teryx felt much better to me.

For me to buy another Rhino Yamaha would have to make some major improvements. Considering how detuned the side by side engines are in stock form they would need a minimum of 800cc, or preferably 950cc to 1000cc. They also need to feel far more stable, and they need better steering. Why doesn't Yamaha put the power steering from the Grizzly on the Rhino? For the incredibly high price of Rhino's this year the power steering should be standard equipment.

3TV

THanks for your insite!!

KC