ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:16 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Hi, I was selling my ATV on line and a guy named Mark Pamer, sent me an email saying his client wanted to buy my ATV. He wanted all the info and pics. I never sent pics because yahoo was acting up. He wrote me back and said he wated it. He said he would give me what I wanted for it plus money for the shipping agent. He then mailed me a certified check, and then wanted to me to deduct the money for the shipper and western union $1430 to a guy in Gerogia, (Harryson Powell). I never did any of this. I informed Mark Pamer that I was going to wait for the check to clear before I sent anybody anything. He started getting angry and emailing me daily and calling me daily demanding I send this money to his shipper. Well, I just got notified by my bank today that the certified check had been returned. Don't know why yet. I'll find that out tomorrow. But the best part is, Mark Pamer was still emailing me today, demanding I western union money to him or his shipper. I never did. I have talked to the police and they are now involved and soon the FBI will be on it. So please sellers out there, beware of buyers like this. Don't assume the check is good once it clears in your bank. Because your bank will not know if it is bad until it comes back. This could take a week or so. By then you might have sent the shipper money and your ATV is gone. If someone wants to buy your atv, make them wait until the check has cleared. Call the bank the check was issued under to verify funds before you deposit. This guy tried real hard to scam me. He is still working on it but he will not get away with this. Turn them in to the police! If anyone wants a copy of this guys email, please let me know. His email address is m_pamer23@yahoo.com he says he is with an Automobile purchasing Inc. from the U.K. his phone number is 0700 number. That is our version of a tracfone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:15 am 
ATV Official
ATV Official

This scam has been around for some time, and has been well advertised.

Post subject: Been around
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:18 am 

I posted this because I saw the dates of the last posting on this. Just wanted to make sure people watched out. I know this is not nothing new. But for me, I saw those scams and NEVER thought it would happen to me.

Post subject: Re: Been around
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

frainke wrote:
I posted this because I saw the dates of the last posting on this. Just wanted to make sure people watched out. I know this is not nothing new. But for me, I saw those scams and NEVER thought it would happen to me.

There's no need to bump this topic, we have made it a sticky topic for others to read if they choose.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 am 

that same exact thing happened to me. except i didn't ever even get the check. but the guy was really really pushy. i was kind of onto him from the get go, and at the end of the thing i said you know all this pushy pushy bs kind of makes me feel a little like i'm getting scammed. i didn't mean it rudely i was just hinting. he got really offended, and said how dare i accuse him of that blah blah blah and that he wasn't interested anymore. his english was awful. he spelled have, "av" and his sentences were so incomplete i could understand half of it. his name was sheilyd aly. he replied to my forum post on myspace for my cannondale i was selling. anyways...long story short. i called him a piece of crap towel head, and told him to stop trying to scam people, because hes just living up to the stereotype...no offense to anybody who might be of that ethnicity. anyhow, thought i'd comment.