ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:39 am 
ATV Junkie

Wow, you found me by doing a search. I guess I'm special.

Anyway, does the SC site have any contact info?

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:46 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Yeah man, searched using different things on yahoo and finally got this, I'm glad it's up to date. The SCDMV does have a contact info page which gives a customer service number which is where I got the info. I'm going to pick the MCO now and I'll call them again on Tuesday and hopefully get a different answer.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:52 pm 

UPDATE: So I went to get the MCO and it's not even a MCO, it's a Notice of Lien Release. It's got the seller's name, ATV year,model, and VIN on it and it does state "By presenting this letter to the appropriate Vehicle Division Office, you will be issued a title for the above referenced vehicle." I did manage to find a site called DMV.org that seemed to have some good info. It states that SC does not require titles for ATVs. So I'm guessing the Bill of Sale I got is fine? I always thought company's mailed out the MCO after you paid it off. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:11 pm 
ATV Junkie

If the state of residence requires titling, the lienholder would mail you the title when the ATV is paid off. If not, they would just mail you the lien satisfaction letter and the MCO.

I would find out from the state itself about what is required, just to be sure. Even if there is no title requirements, they may require some form of registration.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:50 pm 

I thought the same thing about the MCO, I think what I'm gonna do is call the banke that he had the loan with, I have a credit card with them too, and ask them how I would go about getting the MCO. Then just ask him to request it then call me when it comes in. Now that I know my state and his state doesn't require a title, I'm not that worried, it just may take some time to get the MCO.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:59 am 
ATVing To The End

If I am not mistaken the bank will send the MCO to the original purchaser after a loan release, not to you. You will need to keep
in continuous contact with the person you bought it from to make sure he hangs on to the MCO and gives it to you after he receives it from his bank.

I received an MCO from Honda after my Rincon was paid off (Honda financed). Since Ohio does not require registration unless the ATV is ridden on public land, no title is automatically processed after loan pay off. A new law was just passed in Ohio that will require registration of all ATVs now, and requires a license plate, at quadruple the previous fees. Just another way to get more money out of the riding public. They say it will be used for new trails, but I am skeptical. I trust NO politician. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:13 am 

Yeah I'm hoping SC never has one like that. It cost enough to maintain and keep gas in them now! Your right about the MCO but he claims he never got one. I'm gonna call him after I talk with the DMV Tuesday and ask that he request a copy from Suzuki/HSBC. I'm also going to request we fill out another Bill of Sale. I haven't paid the taxes yet because I was waiting for the MCO and now they're over due.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:00 pm 

Just to give an update since my last post, still no MCO from the guy, I've been calling once a week, just got him to answer this past week and he said he's "been out of town" (he's in the army) and will call to request the MCO. I'm starting to think I may have to legal action, although I don't know how much I could since the bill of sale we signed was in his name and the ATV is in his wife's name! This whole thing sucks!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:37 pm 

Shoot here in wisconsin its easy as pie. If the title is lost, all we have to do is write up a bill of sale, no registration card needed. Its that easy. I feel sorry for all the other states dumb laws.
Later
Craig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 pm 

Yeah it does suck when states don't offer a lot of proteciton for titling ATV's. I never did get a title or MCO, still got the bill of sale, IF it ever comes an issue that I need to have it titled, I'll just buy another frame that does come with a title and swap it out. I"m not concerned with it though.