ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Eiger carb vent line
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:50 pm 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Has any other Eiger owners had trouble with the carb vent line getting a kink in it, causing a blockage of fuel reaching the carb? I had trouble with my Eiger yesterday, it stalled several times and was difficult to start back up. Once I had it started, I would have to keep giving it gas to keep it running. This was after about 10 miles of riding in the snow. Then, when I got to a place where I could open it up, it would lose power, and then kick back in. It backfired several times as well. After going a couple hundred feet like this, it kicked back in and rode fine for about 2 miles to get back to our trucks. When I got home, I started it back up and it idled and ran fine around the house. The dealer told me today that it either got ice built up in in the fuel line or the carb vent line had a kink in it.

Mine is a 2002. Any responses on your opinion of the problem would be greatly appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:21 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

During the first snow of the season, my Eiger, did kind of the same thing, and I didn't know what it was. It was powder and I thought that it could have been sucking in a little snow, but I took my plug out and cleaned it and it never did it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:43 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Thanks delvaux330. The snow we were in was powder as well. Hopefully that's all it was. It seemed fine after I got it home.

Anyone else have this problem?????

Post subject: Re: Eiger carb vent line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:44 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Yes I have a 03 EIGER 400 and it started last spring that under load it will spit and have loss of power and now when I dose it it will back fire and if I leave it sit for some time it will run good, so I was on facebook and I put what is going on with my ATV on Waldoch sprots wall witch is a ATV dealer and this is what they sent back to me...Waldoch Sports... the Eiger 400's had a recall on the carb vent line being pinched where it is routed thru the gas tank shroud. The fix is to open up the slot where the line comes thru under the seat., so you can try that... I hope this helps