ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 pm 
Offline
Still on the Trailer Member

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
Im needing new tires on a 95 king quad 500 ,do you guys have any sugestions?or can i go bigger if ther is a lift kit for this bike?


Top
 Profile  
 

ADVERTISEMENT


PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 am 
Offline
ATV Official
ATV Official

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:40 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Seale Al
You don't say where you live, or what kind of terrain you ride in. Where and how you ride will make a significant diference on tire selection, ie mud, rocks, sand, dirt, snow.

As for size, you can generally go one size taller, sometimes a little wider without using a lift kit. I personnally wouldn't put larger oversize tires and a lift kit on a bike, but that's strictly my opinion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
ATVing To The End
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:56 pm
Posts: 3812
Location: Ohio
geezer wrote:
You don't say where you live, or what kind of terrain you ride in. Where and how you ride will make a significant diference on tire selection, ie mud, rocks, sand, dirt, snow.

As for size, you can generally go one size taller, sometimes a little wider without using a lift kit. I personnally wouldn't put larger oversize tires and a lift kit on a bike, but that's strictly my opinion

Ditto ^^^


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm 
Offline
Still on the Trailer Member

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
WoodsRuner wrote:
geezer wrote:
You don't say where you live, or what kind of terrain you ride in. Where and how you ride will make a significant diference on tire selection, ie mud, rocks, sand, dirt, snow.

As for size, you can generally go one size taller, sometimes a little wider without using a lift kit. I personnally wouldn't put larger oversize tires and a lift kit on a bike, but that's strictly my opinion

Ditto ^^^

OK guys im in Texas i didn't no there was another country.LOL.Naw I ride in mud going duck hunting ,and i ride on the beach from time to time going fishing.Prob just need a good all terrain .Thaght someone would have addvice on a cheap good tire? thanks for the help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 pm 
Offline
ATV Official
ATV Official

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:40 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Seale Al
Welcome to the board. We realize that folks from Texas think they are a seperate foreign country, but we here in the "Source" won't hold that against you :bigups:

To answer your question, look at rockymountainatv.com, they offer competative prices and good service. When you get there, if you want a cheap all around tire, look at the Carlisle 489's. If you can afford a little better, look at ITP Mudlites, a popular radial tire. Run them going the right directions for mud and general surfaces, and if you plan on going into serious sand, take them off and put on the other side, causing them to turn backwords. Works like a charm in sand.

Keep us informed as to your choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:53 pm 
Offline
Still on the Trailer Member

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
geezer wrote:
Welcome to the board. We realize that folks from Texas think they are a seperate foreign country, but we here in the "Source" won't hold that against you :bigups:

To answer your question, look at rockymountainatv.com, they offer competative prices and good service. When you get there, if you want a cheap all around tire, look at the Carlisle 489's. If you can afford a little better, look at ITP Mudlites, a popular radial tire. Run them going the right directions for mud and general surfaces, and if you plan on going into serious sand, take them off and put on the other side, causing them to turn backwords. Works like a charm in sand.

Keep us informed as to your choice.

Thanks for taking the joke we are all equal.Well i will go check the site out and look around thanks for the advice,.A friend gave me this bike and dang it is hard to find stuff for it i guess its old school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm 
Offline
Still on the Trailer Member

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
I like the mudlites,i think i might go with them ,any other add on's yall might have in mind?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group