ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Im needing new tires on a 95 king quad 500 ,do you guys have any sugestions?or can i go bigger if ther is a lift kit for this bike?

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 am 
ATV Official
ATV Official

You don't say where you live, or what kind of terrain you ride in. Where and how you ride will make a significant diference on tire selection, ie mud, rocks, sand, dirt, snow.

As for size, you can generally go one size taller, sometimes a little wider without using a lift kit. I personnally wouldn't put larger oversize tires and a lift kit on a bike, but that's strictly my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 pm 
ATVing To The End

geezer wrote:
You don't say where you live, or what kind of terrain you ride in. Where and how you ride will make a significant diference on tire selection, ie mud, rocks, sand, dirt, snow.

As for size, you can generally go one size taller, sometimes a little wider without using a lift kit. I personnally wouldn't put larger oversize tires and a lift kit on a bike, but that's strictly my opinion

Ditto ^^^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm 

WoodsRuner wrote:
geezer wrote:

Ditto ^^^

OK guys im in Texas i didn't no there was another country.LOL.Naw I ride in mud going duck hunting ,and i ride on the beach from time to time going fishing.Prob just need a good all terrain .Thaght someone would have addvice on a cheap good tire? thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 pm 
ATV Official
ATV Official

Welcome to the board. We realize that folks from Texas think they are a seperate foreign country, but we here in the "Source" won't hold that against you :bigups:

To answer your question, look at rockymountainatv.com, they offer competative prices and good service. When you get there, if you want a cheap all around tire, look at the Carlisle 489's. If you can afford a little better, look at ITP Mudlites, a popular radial tire. Run them going the right directions for mud and general surfaces, and if you plan on going into serious sand, take them off and put on the other side, causing them to turn backwords. Works like a charm in sand.

Keep us informed as to your choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:53 pm 

geezer wrote:
Welcome to the board. We realize that folks from Texas think they are a seperate foreign country, but we here in the "Source" won't hold that against you :bigups:

To answer your question, look at rockymountainatv.com, they offer competative prices and good service. When you get there, if you want a cheap all around tire, look at the Carlisle 489's. If you can afford a little better, look at ITP Mudlites, a popular radial tire. Run them going the right directions for mud and general surfaces, and if you plan on going into serious sand, take them off and put on the other side, causing them to turn backwords. Works like a charm in sand.

Keep us informed as to your choice.

Thanks for taking the joke we are all equal.Well i will go check the site out and look around thanks for the advice,.A friend gave me this bike and dang it is hard to find stuff for it i guess its old school.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm 

I like the mudlites,i think i might go with them ,any other add on's yall might have in mind?