ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:03 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Hey y'all,
I've been looking closely at Suzukis and Yamahas; both are nice, quality machines that are built with integrity, it will be hard to decide between the two.
I wanted to get your input on the comparison between the Quadmatic tranny and the Ultramatic tranny; which one is more durable/reliable than the other? I know there is a LOT of experienced riders/owners and mechanics, who read this forum. That's why I'm pesterin' y'all LOL! :bigups:

Thanks for any input!

They're both pretty close in price range, also.

ADVERTISEMENT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm 
ATV Junkie

I don't think there's much difference in the design, and they both seem to be quite reliable and durable. Yamaha has a reputation for the best belt drive automatic transmissions, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Suzuki.

Now when it comes to gearing, the Grizzly line does tend to have a lower ratio from a standstill, which gives it an advantage with acceleration and certain situations such as pulling a load, hill climbing, and rock crawling. I think the Kingquad is generally known for a higher top speed (although not by much), but for me, I would rather give up a few MPH for the lower gearing off the line the Grizzly offers.