ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:04 am 
ATV Enthusiast Member

Everything now a days has peices from everywhere around the world if you really want to sit down and go piece by piece. C'dale and Polaris isn't 100% American Made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:39 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

MOTOX26 wrote:
Everything now a days has peices from everywhere around the world if you really want to sit down and go piece by piece. C'dale and Polaris isn't 100% American Made.

Very, very true. What I consider American though is a company who does the designing, manufacturing, and is operated in the US. C'dale outsourced parts like shocks and some of the internals, but the frame, chassis components, designing/testing, full assembly, etc, was all done right here in the US.

Polaris uses Fugi engines from Japan or whever in all their machines w/the exception of the KTM ones, but still foreign.

Hell, if you really want to go into what you say, check out the Harley-Davidson bikes from 2002 on. Harley engines have been designed and built in Germany since 2002, and a lot of the components are French. It is still being assembled and sold through an American company though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:56 pm 
Still on the Trailer Member

Heres a hoot ktms are made oversaes.right. but did you know they do dyno work in sanduski ohio.the motors are tested up there.wonder whst there quads will be like they faster than kawis and lighter.should be out in sept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:46 pm 

i got one last friday, black with the white flame lookin things. they are a bad machine.. me and my buddy hit the trails all weekend and probably thething i was most impressed with is how it corners, its very hard to get on two wheels. smooth power throughout the whole rpm range. basicly i was very pleased with every aspect of it accept the clutch seemed a little weird. syou basicly have to pop the clutch to go or u will stall it. I am not really a quad guy i race dirtbikes so im not sure if thatsjust how they all are.

Post subject: KFX450 vs YFZ450
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm 

My friend from work just bought a KFX 450 and I went to the Raptor 700r
I road with him and I was impressed with the way it handles i read that the Can-Am 450 is faster than the KFX. But the YFZ is the better than the two What is your input on these because we talk alot of trash to each other :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:02 pm 
ATVing Pro Rider

Do some research. Everyone talks trash but most are ignorant. The KFX is easily a better quad than the YFZ but b/c of the gearing the YFZ will keep going when the KFX tops out. Change the gearing and that changes though. The Can-Am isn't even out yet so nobody knows the answer on that. If you read someone say it then who knows? They don't for sure. It will have more top end power from the dyno charts they've shown though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:41 pm 

I have one. Ride it, Race it, and love it. Awesome quad, except for the hard seat. Power and handling is 2-thumbs up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 pm 

alright i am so [profanity] dissapointed by the kfx 450 i race hare scrambles and mx and i currently own a LTR-450 i didnt like the YFZ 450 or the trx 450 so i picked the suzuki been racing it for over a year now and i like how it just has power all the way around its a great bike. well i was planning on having the same experience when i bought the kfx 450 i thought it would be pretty fast and torque the bike lags and is slow i mean its smooth as hell and is going to be a great bike for me for my harescrambles but the bike is just dissapointingly slow i mean maybe my bike isnt tuned right since it was the shops second one they sold and they really had no idea what the [profanity] they were doing. i had to show them where the [profanity] throttle nob was the choke thing that is actually a side throttle control but if anyone else has one let me know and tell me if its just my bike.

Post subject: Re: KFX450?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:01 pm 

well i just bought a 450 last week and i only have about 10 hours of run time on it including 3 tonight, but i have to say the more i drive it the better it gets! torque is unlimited, fast as hell, needs a 6th gear but thats besides the point. The only downfall i've found is on really rough trails or in deep continuous ruts 1st and 2nd gear lag to much and its a struggle to keep the revs up, but that could be due to the fact its not really broke in yet, it was also hard to start for awhile but thats getting better also. Overall 2 thumbs way up!

Post subject: Re: KFX450?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:41 pm 

quick note, stock KFX top speed is around 150 to 160km/h, although my little cruiser managed to out run it to 100km/h... Happy trails ^-^